subject search

Followers

suscribe


Blog Archive

Instagr.am

Thursday, November 3, 2011

TOMS + Comfy Shoes

First of all, a big shout out to my husband!  Today is his birthday and I wrote this post last night so I could share something I'm really excited about.  By now Scott has already opened his birthday gifts from me, and I couldn't wait to share one of them with you...

TOMS.  Yup, a shoe called TOMS.


I'm sure most of you have heard of these before but I know they're at least a few of you out there who haven't, so this post is mainly to share the word and my love for comfy shoes.


Scott and I both have been wanting and stalking TOMS shoes online for quite a while.  With the wedding this past July, we skipped getting birthday and all holiday gifts to each other since we got engaged, and just couldn't justify spending the money on TOMS.  The slip on style is about $55 a pair, but when you see and learn about what they're all about I'll bet you want to get yourself a pair (or three) too...


There's tons to say about their One for One movement, but basically their program donates one pair of TOMS shoes to a child in need for every pair you buy: One for One.


What a concept!  I had already fallen in love with the shoes when I saw them, but hearing their story makes me want to give them all of my money and own every one of their shoes.

I go through phases where I am completely obsessed with a type of shoe.  Usually it is comfortable and something that I can wear every day.  My first obsession started with Rainbows back in college.


Once the winter time hits I am a huge advocate for UGGS.  Say and make fun of them all what you want...those things are the most comfortable things on earth to wear in the wintertime.  It's all about how you wear them people!  Pajama pants and a sweatshirt? NO.  A nice long-sleeved shirt and a pair of leggings or skinny jeans? Perfectly acceptable.


See?  Cute!  Well...most of them are.  Maybe not these:


Okay, I would understand if you called those UGGly.  I'm also a fan of Sanuk (they're not) sandals.  Scott had a few pairs of them when I met him, and when I found out they made them for girls I was all over it.  I bought a cute brown pair about 3 years ago and have gotten so much use out of them.


So you can see I go through these phases of wanting to buy comfy shoes in every color.  I am SO excited to say that FINALLY both Scott and I hopped on the TOMS train and have our first pair.

They feel like slippers, they're practical and I'm excited to be apart of the TOMS mission.


Questions:
  • What is your favorite slip-on or sandal brand?
  • Are you UGG fan?




1 comment:

  1. *TIP: It's hard to find stores that carry TOMS. If you're in the Orlando area you'll find them in shops on Park Ave. in Winter Park and nationwide at your local Whole Foods Market! http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/ <--- Really! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share me!