subject search

Followers

suscribe


Blog Archive

Instagr.am

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

BRIDESMAID DRESSES ARE IN!!!

WOOHOO!!!!!!! I'm sure you've figured out what I'm so excited for by now, but the day has finally arrived that I've been anxiously and patiently waited for: to see MY bridesmaid dresses in THE COLOR in PERSON!

Well, I got to see all 9 OF THEM because I took it upon myself to pick them all up for my girls.  I did this for two reasons: 
1) The store has a new policy that you must pick up any order within 10 days, or you get charged per day for it to store there - BOO...and
2) I advised the girls to get their dresses and get them altered elsewhere. 

ON THIS: The bridal shop is more than adequate to alter the dress for you - in fact they would probably do the best job considering that's where the dress came from.  However, alterations from a bridal shop are wayyyyy overpriced.  I learned that when I got my last bridesmaid dress altered at the shop when I paid 3x the price after it was done!  This time around, I got my bridal gown altered right there at the shop because I wouldn't trust anyone BUT the shop to alter that baby...but, when it came down to the girls dresses, I advised them to save a little money and get them altered on their own.

When I got the call that the dresses were in, I was SO EXCITED! I know it's real that we are getting married and that the big day is less than 6 months away now, but for some reason the fact that my bridesmaids now have their dresses and shoes purchased and ready to wear makes it seem VERY REAL.  After I heard the message, I went over to Mr. Hess and gave him a big hug.  He didn't really know why or where the big hug randomly came from - but he didn't really care.  It was from the idea that our wedding really IS happening and the feeling of excitement to see something actually come in for it! :)

Yesterday was the day that I arranged to pick up the dresses, and I asked my bridesmaid KDO to help me pick them up! Yes, I could have picked them up myself, but this was just an excuse to see her!  It had been FOREVER since we had hung out, and I was so happy to spend some quality time with her.  We met after work, first - for frozen yogurt (of course!) and then headed over to the bridal shop.

**Sidenote: Apparently everything having to do with the wedding in the area of the venue or bridal shop requires a stop at my favorite fro yo place...I can see how this could become a problem! FUNNY STORY: When we went to check out this time yours truly somehow flipped the freaking cup completely over on the counter.  And, yes - my cup was just as big as last time, over $5 worth! I had to go back and make an entire new cup of yumminess and the entire time KDO was laughing hysterically at me.  Glad I could provide some sort of entertainment, right?**

After catching up on life for a little bit, we headed over to the bridal shop.  The last time I went in there, it was to pick up my earrings that came in, and the time before that was to pick up my beautiful wedding shoes!  Every time I go into this store, it's always something exciting and I'm always in the best mood...my sales consultant probably thinks I'm the biggest cheeseball, which could be true...I was making fun of myself for taking pictures of this occasion and KDO chimed in: "You should see this girl's blog!" hahaha.  Cheesball, definitely....but oh well, this is something I have learned to really enjoy and I've heard some great feedback on it! :)

Back to the shop - when we walked in, the dresses were right by the register, hanging in all of their glory waiting to be taken home.  I asked KDO to try hers on to see what it looked like, and she was excited to see it too!  She kept joking that after that fro yo she probably wouldn't fit it in, but I beg to differ - she looked absolutely beautiful!  Can't wait to see the final picture with hair, make-up and their matching shoes on!  Now, I can tell you she looked beautiful, but I can't really show you what she looked like because that would totally give away what the dresses look like.  What I can show you is this picture:

What's the dress look like?! "I KNOW NOTHING!" lol.

Needless to say, we were both very happy with how they turned out!  I'm so glad she was there for such an wonderful event to me.  She probably had no idea how excited I was to get these babies in my hands, but she made the experience for me even more fun.  KDO was my room mate in college, and we became very close during that time.  Now, we are still close - but I definitely don't get to see her as much as I would like.  She admitted that one of her New Year's resolutions is to hang out with me more (she probably means her friends in general), but regardless, that is a very good resolution and I can't wait to hold her to it.  Next date, she gets her bridesmaid shoes!

So now I'm 1 down, 8 more dresses and bridesmaid dates to go.  I have all of the girls' bridesmaid dresses safe and sound here at home.  SO EXCITED they turned out exactly how I expected! :) Here I am trying to hide a little bit of what they look like, but you could have already figured out the color from my Wedding Hint #2:

SO HAPPY to take these babies home! :)
Expect to see more blogs down the road of my dates with these girls!  That's the good thing about holding their stuff hostage until you get to actually see them in person rather than talk via e-mail, facebook, or text - guaranteed quality time with each girl...

Until next time!

178 days to go...
Presh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share me!