subject search

Followers

suscribe


Blog Archive

Instagr.am

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Words of Wisdom Wednesdays


Today, I’m starting something I’ve never done before on a blog and I’m really excited about it.  I’ve been itching to share the word of the Bible with all of my viewers since I started blogging, but never really found a way to incorporate it into my writing subjects.  Since faith is a huge part of Scott & I’s every day life, I thought it was finally time for me to include scripture into a Word of Wisdom Wednesday segment of my writing.  After all, THIS is a huge part of my Homelife & Happiness, a main part of what this page is all about!

Every Wednesday, I will start my morning by sharing a verse or so of a quote from the Bible that inspires me.  Not a believer? There’s still a lot of wisdom you can learn from the Bible, even if you aren’t a Christian, although I will always encourage you to research that journey.

All I ask is that you have an open mind and give my WOW posts a chance.  First up? I wanted to start with the versus that mean the most to me.  Scott read them to me before he proposed, and they were also spoken in a reading on our wedding day.

Right before Scott's proposal.

1 Corinthians 13: 4-13, The Way of Love

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.


What a great lesson.  How many of you take a simple concept of LOVE for granted?  “Love bears all things, believes in all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”  That’s one of my favorite lines because it describes exactly what marriage is supposed to be about.  I strongly believe that marriage should be looked at by all as permanent thing, not just something a couple could “undo” later.  No one said love is easy, but what IS said here is how great it is.  Trust it, believe it in, and go with it.

I’m sure you’ve heard this before, but a quote I strongly agree with is “it is better to have love and lost than not to have loved at all.” Love never completely goes away.  If you’ve ever loved somebody throughout the duration of your life, they will always have a place in your heart.  Seasons change and so do  people, but there will always be a part of your heart attached to any person you love.  If you have ever experienced LOVE, even if it ended in heartbreak, consider yourself privileged.

Faith is challenging but is also common, since we all have our own beliefs.  Whether it’s on a spiritual level or not, there’s something out there that every one of you believes in, which gives you your sense of faith.  Hope is automatic.  If you’ve ever put yourself out there, applied for a job or tried to adapt to anything new happening in your life, your attitude is filled with hope.  What’s the only thing greater than these feelings? LOVE.  And that’s why I cherish these verses so much: to optimize my level of love towards others.

If you’re ever doubtful in what love is, it’s written out for you right here in 1 Corinthians.  So often we take the concept of love for granted, and in turn forget what it was intended to be.  Love is patient, so be patient.  Love is kind, so go out of your way to do nice things for one another.  Don’t let envy or jealousies take over any situation, and don’t be rude or disrespectful.  The result? Real feelings and experiences of love.

Take a moment out of your day today to evaluate your relationships with others to see if you’re getting the most out of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share me!