subject search

Followers

suscribe


Blog Archive

Instagr.am

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

WOW: Give Thanks

Since Thanksgiving is tomorrow, I'm sure there will be a lot lists of what we're thankful for out there.  Even though the turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie, and dressing is something to get excited about, I'm counting down the hours the true meaning of Thanksgiving is to do just that: to Give Thanks.

While browsing on Facebook earlier, I stumbled upon Scott's status and it took me back for a second.  THIS was a perfect inspiration for my Word of Wisdom this week:

1 Thessalonians 5:18

Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.


What a pick-me-up.  It's things like seeing Scott inspire and share the Word via Facebook that makes me prouder than ever...even more than when he produced the D12 Orlando All-Stars Game.  He's goofy, outspoken, and at times a tad inappropriate, but he's also our family's preacher and inspiration for me to grow in my faith.

For that, I am thankful.

Although I could write all day about things I'm thankful for, here's a short list of the highlights:

1. A wonderful start to our Hesington Family.


2. Our Extended Families.


3. Our purr-boxes: Aspen & Cali.


3. Finding our stray dog, and falling in love with Roadie.
(Wouldn't YOU keep him?!)


4. My Health.
(This is my favorite photo from my first year of NBA Dancer Auditions).


5. A roof over our heads.
(This photo was taken through Instagr.am as I caught a sunrise from our balcony!)


6. Food in our bellies.
(Especially yummy home-made remedies like Scott's Spicy Brisket Chili!)


7. An opportunity for new jobs and career paths.


8. A new found love for learning how to cook.
(This was my very first recipe to share on my blog!)


9. Our church and getting to dance through the Rejoice! Dance & Drama.


10.  Jesus Christ!


As you scramble around trying to finish cleaning your house before your guests arrive or make your last minute trips to the grocery store - remember to GIVE THANKS.

For the big things, for the little things and for everything in-between...

I'm still dreaming about the turkey, stuffing, and other Thanksgiving treats I get to experience tomorrow...but at least I'm thankful for it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share me!