subject search

Followers

suscribe


Blog Archive

Instagr.am

Monday, October 24, 2011

Wedding Photos: Album Dilemma

October 22nd marked our 3 month wedding anniversary & Scott and I celebrated by re-living our wedding day online.  We sat down, looked at every single wedding photo on the Elegant Imagery proofs website and selected our favorite 40 60 (oops!) to make up our coffee table photo album.  

Picking our top photos choices was not easy. Actually, the task might have been harder than planning our wedding all together...then again, maybe not.  Regardless, it took hours for Scott and I to select what we were asked to from our photos.

Included in our photography package was the coffee table photo album and a 4x6" print out of every single picture.  As if picking a select few for the coffee table album wasn't hard enough, I'm now on a mission to find an album to hold ALL 700+ of our printed wedding day photos.


First, let's get something straight: I am not in any way, shape or form complaining about having a bagillion photos to pick from.  Each and every single photo has been edited, optimized and is gorgeous.  We are ecstatic with how they turned out and can't wait to share some with you...

My ideal album (obviously) would be an over the top bling-ed out scrapbook style like this Florida Etsy Street Wedding Album:


what...too much for every day decor?


For our stack of photos: definitely.

Now I started thinking more on a practical level.  What could hold all of our photos and allow us to display it in our home?  I thought of something like this Wedding Memories Keepsake Trinket Box:


This is a unique idea and I like it, but then again I don't.  I couldn't handle sticky finger prints on all of our wedding photos, not to mention getting them out of order.


That would drive me insane!  So...what's a girl to do???
A dictionary-sized album? Stack them up and put a big pretty bow on them like a present? Grrr.

I felt a little relieved when I came across this Engravable Wedding Album from Pottery Barn


It says it has 45 double sided page inserts, but doesn't give details on how many photos it can hold.  Pages can be "inserted or removed," but does that mean it can hold OUR stack of photos?  Hmmm...

If that doesn't work, I love the idea of this Pioneer 12-at-a-time ELITE album from sendaframe.com that holds 12 4x6" photos per open page.


The front of the album is hideous not very cute...especially for wedding photos, but I think I could scrapbook that up.


Decisions, decisions.  I thought the wedding planning was over?!
I think I might need some help on this one.

The only other options I've found are:
Kleer-Vu Photo Leatherette Album
Kleer-Vu Memo Album Wedding Moire Collection

What would you do with these?


Any comments or suggestions are welcomed & appreciated! :)

*NOTE: I recently changed my settings from registered users only to anyone so ALL of you can share! Comment in the box below + share away my friends...

Questions:
  • Which album(s) do you like best?
  • Would you get one monster of an album that holds all of the photos or break them up?
  • Classy engraved album, or scrapbook style?

2 comments:

  1. Heather, I would do a classy/classic engraved album and split it up into prep pictures/leading up to, ceremony, reception. If you still don't have room add portraits and cocktail hour albums.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea :)

    I'm calling Pottery Barn tomorrow and asking them what's the maximum (ridiculous) amount of photos the Engravable Album will hold. I could always get two and display them as a set on a bookshelf.

    Thanks for the idea, Anonymous genius!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share me!