subject search

Followers

suscribe


Blog Archive

Instagr.am

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

WOW: The Holy Land Experience

Every year, The Holy Land Experience offers one free general admission day for anyone and everyone to come see the park.  Scott and I live less than 10 minutes away from it, but have never gone over to visit it together.  When that free admission day came around last week, we figured it was the perfect time for us to go. 


Scott has been a few times, but this was my very first time to the park.  Right away, I loved the buildings, statues, especially the number of random animals.  Hello there, Camel!


The buildings and landscapes were absolutely beautiful.


Scott said it was pretty crowded (free admission....hello!), but on normal business days it's usually less crowded and becomes a great place to reflect, pray, and have some alone time. 
*THOUGHT: What's really alone time anyways?  Are we ever alone?


For my Word of Wisdom this week, I was inspired by a framed bible quote inside one of the auditoriums.

Matthew 28:20
teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.  And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.


What a great reminder.  How many of you ever feel alone?  I know I do sometimes.  You could have a million people around you and still feel alone...why is that?  I think that feeling is completely normal, however I have good news for you: You're never really alone.  Jesus is kind of like Santa Claus...He sees you when you're sleeping & knows when you're awake.


The park was truly a blessing.  I've been wanting to go see it for a while now and I'm so glad we did.  We saw a few shows (which were great), with my favorite being the Passion of the Christ.  The actors and singers impressed me and it was amazing how real the scenes came across.

In between shows, we got to take communion and be a part of the Last Supper.


We saw a bible that is over 300 years old!


We got to travel over to Little Jerusalem.


Then took advantage of the kid's area photo opp...naturally.


Regardless of what our only photo there together looks like, it was quite the experience & a Holy Land one at that ;)  I know not everyone who reads thinks like a Christian, but whoever you are or whatever you believe I hope you got something out of this Word of Wisdom.

I didn't feel like I was alone at Holy Land but I feel alone most when I'm at a busy, high traffic spot.  Airports and theme parks fit into this category but restaurants and movies are where I feel like an ant in a world of giants.  Within seconds of sitting down I turn to my cell phone for entertainment while dining alone (which I rarely do) and avoid going to the movies alone all together.

Question:

Do you ever feel alone? If so is it when you're at home by yourself, or in public surrounded by people?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share me!