subject search

Followers

suscribe


Blog Archive

Instagr.am

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Fashion Favorites

Fashion can seem intimidating to the everyday woman.

Don't let magazines, designer boutiques or pricey department stores fool you...having a good fashion sense can be affordable to people outside of the industry.  I have spent countless hours browsing magazines, websites and personal blogs with my ultimate goal of creating designer looks on an affordable budget.

My first rule of glamming up your wardrobe is accessories.  I'm not suggesting that you own jewelery, headbands and a watch for every outfit, but instead that you have a few staple accessories to mix-and-match with a variety of outfits.
Here are my staple (and seemingly favorite) accessories that will dress up any outfit I own:

1. Skinny Belts


I have always enjoyed the look of belts, but have fallen in love with the skinny belt.  They come in almost any color and are a quick fix for baggier tops or dresses that seem to be missing a waistline.  I found all of these at Forever21 ranging $3.80 - $5.80.

*TIP: The loose end of a skinny belt has a tendency of flapping forward if you're not wearing it in belt loops.  Try a tiny piece of fashion tape to connect the end of the belt to the piece behind it to avoid "flapping".


I got mine at Stein Mart, but you can find tape at any major beauty merchandiser.

2. Leggings


I adore leggings and would wear a pair every day if I could.  They are affordable, interchangeable throughout your wardrobe and come in handy if a top or dress gets accidentally thrown in the dryer on High.  Pictured are some of my favorite pairs, purchased from a variety of stores including Forever21, H&M and Nordstrom Rack in NYC.

3. Nail Strips


Nail color can be classy, fun and even make a statement with the right color or design.  If there's a special occasion, or traveling in my future, I turn to Sally Hansen Nail Strips for a long-lasting look.  I've tried all different combinations, using a nail color with a strip on my ring finger only, as well as jazzing up my look with a strip on every finger (pictured).  

You can find Nail Strips at any major beauty supply store as well as most convenient stores for under $10.

Pictured above is Sally Hansen Nail Strips in Misbehaved.

4. Pink Lips

 

Lipsticks are from MAC. Pictured above from left to right:
Sheen Supreme-Full Speed, Amplified-Full Fuchsia, Amplified-Impassioned, Satin-Pink Nouveau, Matte-Pink Plaid, Cremesheen-Creme Cup and lip liner is Process Magenta.

I love pink lips, but occasionally enjoy bright reds, corals, or even a nude lip depending on the outfit.  A fun lip color can dress up your going-out look, and depending on the outfit become the focal point of color. I am a MAC fanatic, especially for lips and eye shadows. Most shades go for $14.50, but prove to be worth every penny.

*TIP: Finish your lips with a sheer, shiny gloss.


Pictured above is the 316 MAC lip brush and gloss pot in Shine.

5. Ankle Boots


The great thing about living in Florida is getting to wear ankle boots at any time of the year.  If you live somewhere where seasons actually exist, you can still pull off the ankle boot by adding a pair of leggings or skinny jeans.  Every boot pictured above came from Forever21 and cost no more than $25.

Put my Fashion Favorites together, (just missing the skinny belt) and you'll get an outfit like this one:

Question:

What are some of your Fashion Favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share me!