subject search

Followers

suscribe


Blog Archive

Instagr.am

Monday, December 19, 2011

Gavin DeGraw IS Sweeter

If you're a frequenter of my blog, you would know by now that Scott and I share a love for music.  We always have background music on in the house and are often found singing random songs we make up to the dog, cats and to each other...true story.

Regardless of who's doing the singing we thoroughly enjoy music as well as attending concerts in our area.  Living in Orlando, it's been a great outlet to catch a variety of artists including Coldplay, Jay-Z, Mary J. Blige, Natasha Battingfield, Colbie Callait, Robin Thicke, Rascal Flatts, The Fray and more recently Gavin DeGraw.

Yesterday, I shared why Scott and I have such a connection to Gavin's music, with a special attachment to:
More Than Anyone. <--- Click, if you missed it.

Today, I'm happy to share the rest:
  • Saturday, Dec. 10th: I find out Gavin DeGraw will be playing at the House of Blues in Orlando.  He is in Show#3 of XL1067's XLent Xmas 2011.
  • Monday, Dec. 12th: Scott gets back from Japan and I can FINALLY ask him if we're able to go (I never know what his schedule looks like these days).
  • Tuesday, Dec. 13th: I'm on a mission.  I've been bugging Scott about the tickets non-stop and he reports that they're all sold out. :(
  • Wednesday, Dec. 14th: After work, Scott makes a point that we will go and try to "buy tickets there"...from whoever, just to go.  I'm skeptical, but I really, really want to go...so I roll with it.
I was so excited for an impromptu date night with Scott.  We started with dinner at Friday's (Thank You...$25 Giftcard) and made sure to get to the concert by the time Skylar Grey was on for the pre-show.

We walk up to will call and Scott mutters "let's just see what we can do...".  Before I know it, we have 2 tickets handed over to us under his name.  WHAT?!

The stinker had tickets held for us the entire time...


Gullible or not...we had tickets to the show!!!! Booyah!

We got in, set up camp, and were stoked to see the show.  Skylar Grey, Andy Grammar and The Fray were also playing...but obviously we were most excited to see Gavin.  We parked upstairs (which Scott insisted on) as kept trying to get him back downstairs.  

Wouldn't you want to be in this sea of cute Gavin Santa Hats?

 
We were too late for the hats, but we did find some friends!


Right after we snuck into what would be "our spot" overlooking the crowd Scott told me to come with him and flashed me THIS:


Does that say what I think it does?!?!  Why yes..yes it does.

We were going to have a Meet & Greet! 

At this point I just couldn't believe it.  First the concert, now this?  My husband is pretty much the best.


I guess that's fair.

Meeting Gavin was amazing.  I am certainly not one to become starstruck or freak out about celebrities, but I was just beside myself that I was getting to meet GDG.  

The main reason for my obsession? He is so down to earth.  I could just tell he is a very humble person, and that's what makes me a true fan.

Okay, are you ready for the pictures?! I am!  
*Thank you to XL106.7 for providing all of these for us.

Wow..I just got a little nervous...I'm not sure what to say.


Gavin: "Would you guys like a picture?"...trying to break the ice. Sure.  Okay, that was great.


So....cricket sounds...(Thinking in my head I LOVE YOU!)...

Me: "Okay, I hate to be that girl, but I have to tell you something.  We have a really special connection to your music.  It's kind of what brought us together."


Gavin: "Wow, that's awesome." 

Me: "Yeah...your song 'More Than Anyone' really means a lot to us.  In fact, Scott sang it to me at our wedding!"


Scott: "And, she actually had it engraved inside my wedding ring."


Gavin: "No way...."


Me: "Way...More Than Anyone is OUR song, and it meant the most to me when I wanted something to engrave on it."

Gavin: "You guys, I am so humbled by this."


Me: "We are just such great fans of yours...from day one and are so excited to be here!"

I'm not kidding when I say Gavin was truly taken back while showing him how much we appreciate his music.  As if I wasn't a big fan before, this certainly was the icing on top the cake.


 The night was perfect and we spent the remainder of the concert in awe of what just happened.

Oh...there is one more thing that made this experience even Sweeter: @GavinDeGraw is now following me on twitter. *Sigh.


THANK YOU to Gavin for a wonderful night & to my husband, who never ceases to amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share me!