subject search

Followers

suscribe


Blog Archive

Instagr.am

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Lean Beef Burrito Bowl

Last night I was looking for an easy recipe to whip up quickly after an evening run.

The first recipe I thought of under the "quick & easy" category is something similar to the burrito recipe a friend of mine sent me.  We had almost all of the ingredients already in our pantry, so I just had to run out for the meat.  I prefer going "tortillaless" and habitually order burrito bowls, so I figured I'd give it a try at home.

Lean Beef Burrito Bowl


1 lb lean ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning mix
1 can Rotel tomatoes & green chilis
1 can black beans
1 cup sliced black olives (optional)
4 cups shredded lettuce
1 box Spanish rice
2 tbsp salsa (each)

Pin It
serves: 4
cook time: 20 minutes

To make bowl: Boil water for rice and brown ground beef.


Stir in Rotel, black beans and taco seasoning mix.


 Stir well, then turn down heat to simmer while you finish preparing the bowls.
*TIP: You can also use this recipe in a crock pot as well.

While waiting for rice to cook, wash and prep the lettuce and olives (optional).


When the rice is done, start your bowls with a cup of lettuce and a 1/2 cup of rice per bowl.


Add meat mixture and top with olives (optional) and salsa (optional).


*TIP: If you want to make a regular burrito: I recommend using these La Tortilla's Smart & Delicious low carb, high fiber whole wheat tortillas.


Serve your Spanish rice on the side of the burrito and Enjoy!


Question:
Did you notice I didn't use any shredded cheese?
(You don't need it!) ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share me!