subject search

Followers

suscribe


Blog Archive

Instagr.am

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

WOW: Word of the Year

At First Orlando, our pastor challenged us (as he does every year) with the following question: "What's your Word for 2012?"

Psalm 51:10
Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

 From that passage alone, can you guess what my word is? Anyone?  How about a picture?


Good job...you're completely right.

Now let's break it down:

For about six months now, I have had the creative itch.  I've adopted a completely different view of blogging and I have some exciting things on deck to share with you.  For now, all I can say is to keep a look out and ask that you give me all the (positive and negative) feedback I can get.

Writing, editing and creating has become a new passion for me, and I'm hoping to expand my tips and storytelling beyond a personal blog in 2012.  But, being creative isn't necessarily just about reading, writing & the arts...

I want to create a new home environment for Scott and I. 
I don't want us to just live in a house I want to create an environment that's hard to leave.

I want to create a platform for myself to market who I am and what I do.

I want to create a site where anyone can read, follow and feel inspired to live life to their fullest potential.

I want to create and maintain a consistent, healthy and active lifestyle, for keeps.

And finally, I want to pro-create...as in start a Hesington Family.  I'm not going to say when or where (we could be living on the other side of the world for all I know at the end of 2012), but I'm saying it: we want to start a family this year.

I wouldn't have gotten to where I am today without all of you, and I'm forever thankful for you reading, commenting and believing in what I do.  You have created and sparked a fire in me to keep on keepin' on.  So...


Question:
If you had a Word of the Year, what would it be?

REALLY! I want do hear from you on this one: 
Send me your WOY... 

Tweet me: @hbshesingon

5 comments:

  1. My word is Commitment. Committing myself to not only my jobs and responsibilities, but also commitment to school and time management this year.
    I love your blog! Follow mine too at http://thediaryof1984.blogspot.com
    :) Mallory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mallory, I love Commitment. That's a great word to live by. In a sense, I have a commitment to create in 2012 too ;)

      Delete
    2. By the way...cute blog! I love that Proverbs 3:5-6 is your headline :)

      Delete
  2. Mine is "Trust" - I have a hard time sometimes remembering it is HE whom we should trust with all our hearts and our lives.......I have it framed in my bedroom so I wake up every morning and remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust is a great word Anna-Marie! You are absolutely right that He is the most trustworthy we know. I love that you have your word framed. Great for every morning inspiration! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share me!